Showing all 2 results
What is Demerol?
Demerol is an opioid drug that belongs to the Phenylpiperidine medication class primarily used to treat moderate to severe pain. It is an FDA-approved drug, and therefore the health authorities have taken control over the production, distribution, and medicine supply.
You can easily Buy Demerol Online or offline pain medication, provided that you hold a proper prescription from a doctor because buying or selling Demerol without an appropriate prescription from a doctor is not permitted, and authorities may hold you liable for some punishment if you do so.
Why is Demerol used for and how does it work?
Demerol is an opioid pain medication that works on the brain and nervous system to reduce pain signals.
How should it be taken?
Take Demerol as your health expert directs you. Never use it more often than prescribed. Consult your doctor if you are getting addicted to the medicine.
It is advisable never to share your medicine with anyone who has a history of drug abuse and addiction. Misuse, abuse, and addiction to medication can be fatal.
Please consult your doctor before taking other pain medication simultaneously with Demerol.
Avoid medical errors and report to your doctor if you are not observing any improvement in your health condition.
Sudden withdrawal of the medicine can be risky. Please consult your doctor before leaving the treatment; he will gradually decrease your medicine dose to avoid Demerol’s withdrawal symptoms.
Keep your medicine safely under the suggested atmospheric condition and dispose of the leftover medicine once you have completed the treatment.
How much should it be taken?
Demerol is a prescription medication for treating moderate to severe pain. The Demerol dosage will vary from patient to patient. Please follow your doctor’s advice or directions on the label.
Your doctor will initiate your treatment with the medicine’s minimum possible dose and gradually adjust your medicine dosage according to your health condition. To determine the best suitable dosages for you, your doctor should examine you thoroughly. Your doctor will recommend Demerol dosage keeping the following factors in mind:
- Age of the patient
- Weight of the patient
- The medical condition of the patient
The following are the usual Demerol dosage that your doctor can prescribe you:
Dosage for treating pain
In the form of oral tablets
- For adults
50 mg to 150 mg of the medicine orally every three to four hours
- For children
Demerol oral tablet dose for children is dependent on the weight of the patient.
In the form of an injection
- For adults
50 mg to 150 mg of the medicine (intramuscular or under the skin) after every three to four hours
- For children
Demerol injection dose for children is dependent on the weight of the patient.
What precautions should you take while using Demerol?
Demerol is a habit-forming and highly addictive medicine; please consult your doctor before using it. It can adversely affect your health if taken inappropriately. You can easily order Demerol online via a legitimate online pharmacy and use it as per your doctor’s prescription. However, you should always take care of the following precautions while using Demerol:
- It is a prescription medicine; using it without consulting your doctor can be dangerous.
- Taking it can adversely affect your health if you are allergic to Demerol or any of its components or similar medicines.
- Your doctor will not allow you to take Demerol if you have Asthma, blockage in the stomach or intestine, or certain other breathing disorders.
- Please don’t take Demerol if you have the following health disorders or a history thereof:
- Head injury
- Brain tumor
- Addiction to drugs or alcohol
- Mental illness
- Blockage in the stomach or intestine
- Urination problem
- Liver infections
- Kidney disease
- Problem with adrenal gland
- Problem in gallbladder
- Disfunctioning of the thyroid gland
- Sickle cell anemia
- Abnormal curvature of the spinal cord which affects breathing
- Using Demerol is not safe if you are pregnant or breastfeeding; it can harm your child and make your baby dependent on the drug.
- You should avoid taking Demerol if you have recently taken any MAO inhibitors.
- Remember that taking Demerol is only a part of the treatment; please follow your doctor’s advice to make the medicine more effective.
- Avoid taking Demerol if you are an alcoholic or drug addict.
- Ask your physician about all other necessary precautions that should be taken while using Demerol, and consult your health expert to learn more about the Demerol benefits and risks.
Demerol side effects
Demerol can cause certain side effects; please observe your health. You can experience the following side effects after using it:
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Nausea or vomiting
- Unusual sweating
Though these common side effects don’t need much medical attention, you should consult your doctor ASAP if they bother you too much or are unbearable.
Please stop taking medicine and tell your doctor if you experience the following health issues:
- Slow heartbeats
- Weak or shallow breathing
- Sleep apnea (breathing that stops while sleeping)
- Drowsiness or dizziness
- Confusion or disorientation
- Involuntary muscles movement
- Seizures or convulsions
- Infertility (both in men and women)
- Low cortisol levels resulting in nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, dizziness, tiredness, or weakness
- serotonin syndrome causing agitation, hallucinations, fever, sweating, shivering, fast heart rate, muscle stiffness, twitching, loss of coordination, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Any other severe allergic reaction to the medicine
Please don’t stop taking Demerol out suddenly; otherwise, you may experience the following withdrawal symptoms:
- Runny nose and eyes
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle aches
- Dry mouth
- Increased blood pressure
Please ask your physician before leaving the medicine. Your doctor will gradually decrease your medicine dose to avoid life-threatening withdrawal symptoms.
What to do if an overdose happens?
Demerol can adversely affect you if taken in excess. It can cause you the following overdose symptoms:
- Slow or shallow breathing
- Slow heart rate
- Drowsiness or dizziness
- Muscle weakness
- Cold and clammy skin
- blue-colored skin or lips
- Fainting or unconsciousness
You should consult your doctor ASAP if an overdose happens. You can also seek emergency medical assistance by calling the Poison helpline at 1-800-222-1222.
Can Demerol interact with other medicines?
The medicines that can interact with Demerol are as follows:
- Antifungal medicines
- Medicines for maintaining blood pressure level
- Heart medication
- Antiseizure medications
- Medicine to treat HIV or hepatitis C
- Narcotic drugs
- Sleeping pills
- Muscles relaxants
- Medicines to treat mood or behavioral disorders and mental illness
- Medicine used to treat Parkinson’s disease
- Migraine headache medicines
These medicines can interact with Demerol and make the treatment less effective or increase some severe side effects. Therefore, please tell your doctor about all the drugs and therapies you are currently taking.
Other things you should avoid while using Demerol
Consuming alcohol, herbal products, over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and other nutritional supplements together with Demerol is not safe.
Taking Demerol can cause dizziness or drowsiness and impair your thought process. Please be careful while performing activities that require you to be alert and attentive. Please don’t drive or operate machinery while using Demerol.