Showing all 2 results
What is Vicodin?
This combination of an opioid pain reliever (hydrocodone) and a non-opioid pain reliever (acetaminophen) can relieve moderate to severe pain. If you are going to buy Vicodin online, please read this medication guide carefully.
Hydrocodone acts in the brain to change how your body feels and reacts to pain. Acetaminophen can also reduce a fever.
How to take Vicodin?
Read the prescription guide and, if available, the Patient Information Guide provided by your pharmacist before taking this medication and every time you get a refill. If you have queries about this medication, ask your doctor or druggist.
Take this medicine by mouth as instructed by your healthcare specialist. You may use this remedy with or without food. If you have nausea, it may help you if you take this drug with food.
Confirm with your physician or pharmacist about other ways to reduce nausea.
Always use a medication dosage measuring device to measure the prescribed dose carefully. Do not use a household tablespoon because you may be unable to estimate the correct amount.
The dosage of this medication depends on your medical condition and response to treatment. In children, the prescribed dosage depends on weight. Do not double your dose, take medicine more frequently, or use it longer than directed. Properly stop the remedy when so required.
Pain prescription medicines work best if you use them as the first signs of pain occur. If you do not use it until the pain has worsened, the medication may not work correctly.
If you have continuous pain (such as pain due to cancer), your healthcare provider may also direct you to take long-acting opioid medications. In that case, this medicine might be used for sudden pain only as required.
Your doctor may also guide other pain relievers (such as ibuprofen, naproxen). Ask your healthcare specialist or pharmacist about using this remedy safely with other drugs.
Though it helps several people, this medication may sometimes develop dependency. This risk may be more potent if you have a substance use disorder (such as excessive use of or addiction to drugs/alcohol). Take this remedy precisely as prescribed to decrease the risk of addiction. Ask your specialist or pharmacist for more details.
What to know before taking Vicodin?
Before using this medication, tell your healthcare specialist or pharmacist if you are allergic to it, or
- to other opioids (such as morphine, codeine, benzhydrocodone, and hydromorphone)
- if you have any other allergies
This product may include inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic effects or other problems. Discuss with your pharmacist for more details.
Before taking this medication, tell your physician or druggist your medical history, especially of;
- brain disorders (such as a tumor, seizures, or head injury)
- breathing problems (such as sleep apnea, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease-COPD)
- liver disease
- kidney disease
- mental/mood disorders (such as depression, confusion,
- thoughts of suicide)
- personal or family past of a substance use disorder (such as overuse of or addiction to alcohol/drugs)
- stomach/intestinal difficulties (such as diarrhea due to infection, blockage, constipation, paralytic ileus)
- difficulty urinating (such as due to enlarged prostate)
- gallbladder disease
- a disease of the pancreas (pancreatitis)
Liquid medications may contain sugar and alcohol. Use it with caution if you have alcohol dependence, liver disease, diabetes, or any other condition that needs you to limit/avoid these things in your diet. Ask your physician or pharmacist about taking this product safely.
Before having surgery, report to your healthcare specialist or dentist about all the remedies you use (including prescription, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products).
If you are breastfeeding, report to your doctor if you regard drowsiness or fussiness in the nursing child.
What are the benefits of using Vicodin?
Your doctor may prescribe Vicodin to relieve moderate to acute pain. Vicodin produces pain relief, relaxation, and euphoria to assist people to feel better after surgeries, injuries, and specific cancer treatments.
What are the side effects of Vicodin?
Visit your doctor if you have;
- shallow breathing, noisy breathing, sighing, breathing that stops
- a light-headed feeling, like you, might pass out
- liver problems– dark urine, clay-colored stools, nausea, upper stomach pain, tiredness, loss of appetite, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- low cortisol levels– dizziness, worsening fatigue, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, or weakness
- high levels of serotonin in the body–muscle stiffness, twitching, loss of coordination, agitation, hallucinations, fever, sweating, shivering, fast heart rate, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
Common Vicodin side effects involve:
- drowsiness, headache
- upset stomach, constipation
- blurred vision
- dry mouth
How Vicodin works?
This medication binds to opiate receptors present in the brain to alter how the brain responds to pain.
Suddenly stopping to take this medication may cause withdrawal, primarily if you have used it for an extended time or in high doses. To prevent dependency, your doctor may lower your amount slowly.
Inform your healthcare specialist or pharmacist immediately if you have any withdrawal signs such as restlessness, mental/mood changes, watering eyes, diarrhea, sweating, muscle aches, runny nose, nausea, or sudden changes in behavior.
When you use this medication for a long time, it may not manage your pain as well. Talk with your physician if this medication stops working fine.
What to avoid while using Vicodin?
Do not drink an excess of alcohol. Dangerous adverse effects or death can occur when you combine alcohol with Vicodin. You may Buy Vicodin online from any online pharmacy to use it.
This prescription medicine may impair your reaction or thinking. Avoid driving any motor vehicle or operating machinery until you understand how Vicodin will impress you. Dizziness or critical drowsiness can cause falls or other accidents.